Monday, March 12, 2012

Lezsquire Style Icon: Julian Kaye from American Gigolo

Lately I have been slightly obsessed with this scene from American Gigolo.  In it, Richard Gere's character Julian Kaye is coordinating outfits to get ready for some hustlin'. I don't know if I'd typically consider Richard Gere to be a style icon, but Julian Kaye's style is spot-on.



I love how he's relaxed and in his element, picking and paring items of his wardrobe in the same manner that an artist might choose and apply colors to a painting.  Of course, having a wardrobe full of Armani doesn't hurt. 

There is just an effortless American simplicity that the character exudes, while still looking polished and stylish. 
American Gigolo style (image via gq.com)
Do you choose your outfits in advance like the American Gigolo, or are you more of a go-with-the-flow, "I'll put on whatever I am moved to before I head to work" person?  I tend to be the latter, so this week I decided to experiment by coordinating my outfits beforehand.  Today's whs a monochrome gray getup with a lesbian twist inspired by the above video.

Questions, comments?  Enter your verdict below!

1 comment:

  1. Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post dress design for girls.

    ReplyDelete