Monday, March 19, 2012

Pick of the Day: Lowly Gentleman Driving Gloves

Lezsquire believes gloves are exciting yet oft-overlooked piece of wardrobe.  As I understand it, in less temperate climates than Lezsquire's native California, gloves are worn for function rather than form.  While gloves might not be strictly needed in above-freezing weather, they are still something unexpected and novel that has the potential to take your look from "meh" to "A-mehy-zing!".  I especially like the idea of driving gloves because: 1) I drive a convertible, and 2) my hands are always cold.  Which takes me to our pick of the day: Driving Gloves by Lowly Gentleman.

Lowly Gentleman Driving Gloves
Just look at those lovely things!  They evoke some of my favorite memories: driving up and down the California coast on miscellaneous road trips and adventures.  The kind of trips where you never know what to expect, but you always know you will come back with a story to tell.  Even if you are just wearing these on your drive to work, they'll make you feel (and certainly look) like adventure and good times are just around the corner.
Unfortunately that is not my car.  (Source)
Apparently, glovemaking is a dying art in the US.  Lowly Gentleman had to scour the mean streets of Los Angeles to hunt down a third-generation Hungarian glove-maker for this pattern.  I think "The Monterey" tan color would go best with my car and wardrobe, but "The Hollywood" dark chocolate brown is also striking. 

(Source)
I have some vintage gloves I wear driving occasionally (such as on the above-mentioned road trips), but nothing as awesome as these.  If I did I guarantee I'd be wearing them both on my daily drive to work and weekend trips to the beach.  Point being: if you don't have any nice gloves, consider investing in a pair.  They'll look smashing with a matching outfit and roguishly dashing hanging out of your back pocket.

3 comments:

  1. I especially like the idea of driving gloves because: 1) I drive a convertible, and 2) my hands are always cold. Which takes me to our pick of the ... ddrivergloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very stylistic way of writing, creating effects especially in language and literature.
    best-driving-gloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. These vintage gloves are very fine. And if I getting a giveaway from anybody I will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete